Saturday, July 21, 2007

Butterfly Waltz

Saturday morning is the Farmer's Market. There are two small farms that I love to support. I buy beautiful organic chicken, eggs, and produce from Farrar Out Farm, which is run by a lovely young couple, Bryan and Christine Truemper and I get the most gorgeous heirloom vegetables from Ron at On the Wind farm. While I'm there I remind myself to soak in the beauty and artistry that is produced by these hardworking people. I remember to bring my own bags for once, but not a pen, which they so kindly offer without my having to ask. I bask in the feeling of community- of being connected to something good and wholesome.

Later I pull into my driveway. I'm listening to Strauss' Blue Danube Waltz, better known as the Skater's Waltz, on the classical station. It seems a strange choice for a gorgeous Summer day, but I see a monarch butterfly swooping and landing on flowers in perfect time- a dance choreographed by God. Just for me.

May the Lord bless you.

No comments: