Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back from Disney!

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Yes, Dorothy has returned from OZ, or in my case Disney World. My parents really love their grandchildren. They do. So they gave us all- my brother, two sisters and their families one week of Disney World and Universal Studios theme parks for a big family reunion/vacation.

Since we were the only mid-westerners- thanks to me who married a boy from St.Louis- we decided to drive, stopping first in South Walton beach for a couple of days. Our Ford Freestyle seats seven- semi-uncomfortably, so we borrowed one of those containers that straps onto the roof to store luggage and who-knows-what. I called it "the Griswald", which my daughter shortened to "Gary"- I have no idea why. It made our silver vehicle super easy to spot in those crowded parking lots.

It's too early for me to be making any important reflections on this trip, so I will save any deep points for another time. Suffice it to say- I'm home.

Blessings.

No comments: