Thursday, August 2, 2007

Philadelphia Story

Philadelphia freedom shine on me...-Elton John
The lobbyist's wife-that would be me- hits the streets of the city of brotherly love.

The American Legislator's Exchange Council, an organization of (you guessed it) legistlator's- of a primarily conservative persuasion- from across the U.S. converged last week in Philly. I was there. I had the privilege of being with some men and women who serve our state through elected positions. My husband and I toured the city and ate at some incredible restaurants. We got a bit of a feel for the historical significance and that sense of how time has passed. I wondered what John Adams would think of the modern Philadelphia.

I saw homelessness and people of all types who seemed spiritually lost and in need. I prayed. It is a temptation for me to dispair when confronted with so much hopelessness. I want everybody to have. To be at peace. To know Jesus.

God bless Philadelphia. Wrap her in your arms of love.

No comments: