Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lakeside Holiday

One of my husband's clients had their annual convention at the Lake of the Ozarks. As we do every year, we packed up the car and kids- all five this year- and headed to one of the largest manmade lakes in the world for three days of relaxation at The Lodge of the 4 Seasons resort.
I brought along "The Tale of Hilltop Farm", a charming read about Beatrix Potter and my latest crocheting project called "Allegheny Moon Mobius"(I'm not kidding). A mobius is actually another word for cowl, a word I've always disliked, so I'm going with mobius from now on- except I will still have to use the word cowl to explain mobius- which defeats the purpose. I really don't think anyone will ask me if I'm wearing a cowl or a mobius so I'm safe either way. Not that any danger was looming. Not that I'm aware of.

I'm going to save all of the political intrigue and drama for my madeup, imaginary novel "The Lobbyist's Wife" which I'm planning to write sometime in the next ten years. Nobody is holding their breath.

No comments: