Monday, November 5, 2012

A Thousand Sleepless Nights

Lately I've been having trouble with insomnia. It's not unusual for me to wake up at 3:30 a.m. or so and not be able to get back to sleep. So I get up, make some tea--herbal because I've given up my beloved caffeine in hopes of better health (and sleep!)--read, ponder, pray, and clean up the kitchen a bit...

So, I love the title of Michael King's new book, A Thousand Sleepless Nights. It is the love story of Jim and Nena Harding, who overcome many obstacles in order to be together. Jim is from the wrong side of the tracks and Nena an heiress to a magnificent horse farm in Virginia, but the times are changing and profits are slipping. Nena's love for her farm and desire to preserve it takes precedence over raising her children and relationships are broken as they grow up and move away.

Now Nena has cancer. Is it too late for mending fences?

I liked Michael King's writing style, kind of a Nicolas Sparks vibe (without the eye rolling from me)...

Michael is also a cancer survivor which gives this novel that authentic, heart wrenching, reality of the fight for life and legacy.

My previous post gives the publisher's information. :)

Bless you.

7 comments:

Karen Lange said...

I've not heard of this book so I appreciate the info. May have to check it out, thanks! :)

Have a great week!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Sorry, Cheryl. Insomnia is incredibly frustrating. I like how you've made a positive connection to it by highlighting that book.

Blessings,
xoRobyn

Unknown said...

Cheryl, thanks for the kind words about my book! I have four daughters so know all about sleepless nights :) I appreciate you helping to spread the word about the story.

Cheryl Klarich said...

Hi Karen! Michael is a fresh voice in Christian fiction. We'll be hearing more from him, for sure. :)

Robyn!! I love connecting with what's going on in books--insomnia is a bear, for sure...

Bless you!!!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Michael, thank you so much for stopping by. I look forward to reading more of your books!

God bless you and your wonderful girls!!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That sounds like a wonderful book. I have a friend fighting the battle right now.

Cheryl Klarich said...

Susan, my prayers are with your friend--

God bless you. ((hugs))