Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When Life Gives You Berries

Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; But only he who sees, takes off his shoes - The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning~

~But then there are those who make shortcake! Yum.
Actually, my 17 year old son Sam made this lovely dessert. So I really can't take credit.
But somehow I do believe I had something to do with encouraging and inspiring him to give it a try.
So here's my point, if things aren't coming together as you would like, cheer someone else on and be part of their creative process. It can't hurt, and who knows, you just may create something unexpected and delicious yourself.

The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, Cheryl, you are amazing!!

We gobbled up some strawberries and blackberries tonight--but not on such a pretty plate as yours!

Blessings,
Patti