Sunday, October 26, 2008

Help!

Pearl took me for a walk this morning. In spite of all the dog programs I've been watching and attending puppy class, Pearl absolutely will not heel. I'm not wining about it. I would love a solution. The master trainer at the puppy class did something with cheese that got the leash slack (for about 3 seconds) and was triumphant.Yeah, well , just try that in my neighborhood and see how long that lasts. Am I sounding bitter? What about all the puppy love I was gushing a week or so ago? I do love her and she is so cute, but we have some issues. Pearl, though supremely adorable, is in it for herself. She wants things her way 100 percent with rewards on the side. I can relate, I really can. My family helps out, but somehow I feel that it's up to me. It really feeds into my insecurities.
Lord, teach me. I need your help. Thank you.

No comments: