Monday, August 25, 2008

Signs

What is it about us humans that makes us crave the out of the ordinary thing- the unusual arrow that unequivocally points to the direction that we should go? I get comfort from the little bits that seem like confirmations or affirmations that I am on the right track. Like when David and I were driving back from a law conference and I was pondering the promises that God makes to believers and a giant truck passed us with "Covenant Moving" plastered on the side like a heavenly banner. Or recently I was getting out of the mini van and looked down on the ground at a pamphlet that said-"I wait for the Lord" on the cover.

When we were in Kennebunkport I read the "Recent Storm Damage" sign on the beach over and over. "Help the healing dune grass", it admonished. I thought of the body of Christ and how it would be nice to have some kind of gentle urging for people going through hard situations. "Please keep back from rope". People in process of healing.

Beloved let us love one another.

No comments: