Thursday, November 29, 2007

To See the World in a Fortune Cookie

Can God speak through a Chinese fortune cookie?
I'm not placing my faith in them, but I have had a recent streak of finding them out of the blue. Like on the floor of the 24hour fitness locker room after my yoga workout.

The first message said,"It's not how much money you have, it's what you do with it."

I do stress over money, and the little message prompted me to pick up Suze Orman's book, The Laws of Money- which I own- and was reminded that I am to have power over money, not be a slave to it. Advice to self.

The second one-yes, there were two of them- said,"Believe in yourself and others will believe in you too."

I know in whom I believe, but I don't always believe that He has really called me for anything special. I can definitely fall into the Eeyore category. Oh poor me. Nobody cares about poor old me...

I study God's word. The Living Word. And it is life. It's nice though to get an unexpected- if somewhat goofy message- out of the blue.

No comments: