Monday, October 29, 2007

What's Your Wish?

Dreams are nothing more than wishes and a wish is just a dream you wish to come true. -from "You've Got Mail"

My daughter Elsa and I were talking in the kitchen after lunch on Friday and I noticed a piece of paper the size of a fortune cookie fortune on the floor. Well, it was a fortune cookie fortune which must have fallen out of one of my six or so junk drawers. Hmmm... What does it say, I wondered. "Your dearest wish will come true."
What is my dearest wish? Just as I was thinking this, Elsa said,"You know what I wish?" She did not see me pick up the little message. "You know how Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears have so much and don't do anything good with it? Well I wish that I had money enough to go on missions trips and not have to worry about how much it costs."
Now, we believe that God is the provider for everything, but the timing of this incident was so uncanny that I thought it would make a good premise for a story. Yes, it's been done-the wish thing, but this actually happening got me thinking...

What's your wish?

No comments: