Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Now that the hols are officially over and done.  What next?  There are so many things I would love to try. Painting.  Writing. Crocheting.  I promised my sister a scarf... for Christmas!!!  The problem is, I can use every creative endeavor as a procrastination device.  For example, if I have a book review due, suddenly I simply must take the dog for a walk.  Or clean. Or crochet. Or watch the remaining Falalala Lifetime movies in my recorded uverse area (to make room for more recordings).

A friend suggested that I write things down, so that I have a visual of what I would like to accomplish.  It can be simple, like cleaning out the sink, or more ambitious- write four pages- not going to happen but I can dream...

Okay, Pearl, let's go for a walk...




4 comments:

Rachna Chhabria said...

You are just like me, Cheryl. I too have this amazing habit of procrastination. But I am working hard on changing it.

I envy you that you can do crochet. Its something I have never learned from my mom who is an expert.

Terri Tiffany said...

You sound so creative but just need a little harnassing:)) Writing down goals is good--I do that a lot and then it makes me follow through.

Cheryl Klarich said...

Rachna, thank you! It helps to know that I'm not alone. But I LOVE how you are an overcomer! You don't let it stop you. Keep going.

Your Mom crochets??? I love her too!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Hi Terri. Okay, I'm going to do it! I love your blog and tips for writing and living.

You help me by your example. I look forward to reading your novel!
Gods best blessings in 2011.