Friday, June 4, 2010

Journalling 101

Last night was the last session of Lynn Morrissey's class called "Spiritual CPR: Let God Breathe Life into Your Relationship through Journalling". I didn't realize that I would be embarking on a journey that has the potential to change me into the woman Christ wants me to be. I'm not there yet!!! I feel like I've just come aboard the ship that can only end up where God only knows.

Here's a poem I wrote:

The Womb Echoes

I hear the echoes of silent cries
as the womb caresses it's child
in a gentle confine
and I pray for Life to prevail

I absorb the prisoner's cries
like a sponge
saturated to the point where it
can hold no more
and I pray for Life to prevail

1 comment:

Patti Lacy said...

What a beautiful, poignant poem. Has elements of Gwendolyn Brooks' The Mother in it...or something about the tone of it...

GREAT to be back at this blog!!
Patti