Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lying to Be Perfect on Lifetime

I love Cinderella stories.

Lifetime's Lying to be Perfect, starring Poppy Mongomery is the perfect big-girl movie- literally! Poppy stars as Nola, an overweight writer who creates an alter ego advice columnist named Belinda Apple- complete with British accent and a perfectly photo shopped bod- in order to be published in the high fashion magazine where she works as an editor.

The movie is an adaptation of the book "The Cinderella Pact" which I haven't read but would like to. I'm sure Elsa, the princess of romance would love it! I thought the acting was fun and the dialogue was snappy and had that "why can't I come up with lines like that?" feel. There was also a message about finding out your true identity that touched a personal chord with me.

If you are looking for a lighthearted Valentines girl-movie, this is it. Not especially for guys though.. not even gonna go there with David.. nope.

It does have a gratuitous sex scene, so not for the little girls. Too bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love to read your blog!!! the comments you made in some of your other posts were right on. i agree with everything you said. i can't wait for you to send me the books!

thanks for writing :)