Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kennebunkport

"Recent Storm Damage
Help
The Healing Dune Grass
Please Stay Back From
Rope" -sign on Gooserocks Beach


We spent two weeks in Maine. My favorite place. The place I go back to in my head when I need an escape from life's uber-jazz.

I introduced my husband to my family and Maine at about the same time. I wanted to see if the boy from St.Louis would love what I loved. He did. So we bought a house on the beach and had five beautiful children and lived happily ever after.... okay, so we didn't buy the house on the beach, but everything else is true.

Thanks (and I do mean thanks) to very generous family members, we are able to travel to the beautiful Northeast for some life transforming R&R.

This is the Kennebunkport Routine:
Wake up. Husband and I sneak out of the house- not hard to do with 4 teenagers and one sleeping pre-teen.
Get coffee and a muffin in Cape Porpoise (Cape Porpoise???!!!) I love writing those words.
Park car at beach. Breathe deeply. Smell a beach rose. Watch bee roll in pollen of beach rose.
Eat blueberry muffin. Hold hands and walk with husband.
Pray.

That's the beginning of a perfect Kennebunkport day.

No comments: