Friday, October 12, 2007

Crazy Love

Take away my trouble, take away my grief, take away my heartache, in the night like a thief...
He gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love-Van Morrison (girl singing version)

Crazy love doesn't make any sense. Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary defines crazy as broken, decrepit, weak or the state of being broken in mind. My emotions can be so intense that "crazy" seems to fit . So I keep them to myself, or maybe I throw some thoughts out there -like now- to see if there are others like me, looking for connection. C.S. Lewis said "I read to know I'm not alone." Technically I know I'm not alone. I've attended seminars, read books, and I pray. Yet, at times, I feel like an outsider in my world- face pressed against the glass barrier of disconnect.

It didn't make any sense for Jesus to die an excruciating and lonely death simply because he loved me. But it was the only way that I could ultimately connect with divine love.
It was crazy, really.

No comments: